[PHP-WIN] Help - Translation Troubles : cvs / chapters / streams.common.xml

Hi,

I'm translating the file / chapters / streams.common.xml and I'm facing some
problems so I need some help please:

1. "memory mapped files"
I don't understand the meaning of this  expression, so I can just make a
temporary translation in this moment. I need to know the meaning or function
of these files. Is this meaning right > "the files which memory is mapped?"

2. I ask you to simplify your texts. I remarked that I affronted the same
problem with other groups when translating like French and Spanish groups.

Example: How would you express this sentence in a simple way:
<function>php_stream_copy_to_mem</function> allocates a buffer
<parameter>maxlen</parameter>+1 bytes in length using

The difficulty is here: a buffer <parameter>maxlen</parameter>+1 bytes in
length
Do you mean: maxlen buffer or buffer maxlen ????