[PHP-WIN] Help - Translation Troubles : cvs / chapters / streams.structs.xml

Hi

I just want to ask if I have to translate this expression: struct stat
in:
<structfield>sb</structfield> is a regular, system defined, struct stat.

Apparently, it is not translatable and I was asked to no do it; but some
translators did it: for ex. the French translation.

So, please do I have to translate it or keep it like it is?
and if it is translatable, does this expression mean: structure statistics ?
and is "struct stat" a file ?

Regards

Hafid