Re: "My Documents" and other symlinks to home are not

oiaohm wrote:
> Might be worth a bug report to request ~/Documents as My Documents and so on.
>
> Since it does get away from some badly behaved open source program ported to windows that put there . directories in the My Documents directory.    Not that you really should be running those programs in wine in the first place.

its easy to call a home folder variable... but not every distro, or other OS uses the same folder names for those things...  even if they worked it out for everything... a lot of people don;t even want them there and want to put them manually elsewhere.  Why not just set winecfg how you want it and then your good to go?