Re: rome directx?

On 8/13/11 3:30 PM, Folkert wrote:
dear people, first of all I am a newbie when it comes to ubuntu, wine and everything, so this is a disclaimer in the very probable case that I ask a stupid question.

The issue is this: I installed Rome Total war +barbarian invasion, which goes smoothly, when I start however the program asks for directx 9. what to do?
Did you read through the Rome: Total War Applications Database entry which is here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=3083
????

Please do so. There is an entry on how to get DirectX to work properly. Also, you may have to start over with a Fresh or New Wineprefix. How to do this is in the FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ).

James