Re: how 2 download WINE thru windows (no linux modem yet)

christmasangel wrote:
> I would think wine deb files are something to be featured on WineHQ own page..
>
> am I mistaken?

You are mistaken. Binaries are created by the distros; the links on the Ubuntu download page here get the files from Ubuntu PPA. The links are not broken; however, you cannot use those links to download via Windows, which is what I thought you were trying to do. You can't even use them to download to an rpm-based distro, because the apt: links will only work for distros that use apt to install software (Debian-based distros). To download manually, you have to browse the PPA, and the link for that is at the bottom of the Ubuntu download page.

> Its the forced DIALER in Juno that we want wine to impersonate windows with, to get online with Juno.Not the modem.

Let us know if it works.