Re: mountmgr doesn't recognize d:: link to /dev/sr0

phatgeek wrote:
> my problem is that /dev/sr0  (whatever directory it is mounted under) does not get assigned a drive letter at al

Looks like you don't have suitable for Wine hal.

phatgeek wrote:
> l, even though I have a link from d:: -> /dev/sr0.

This doesn't change anything.

Run Wine with WINEDEBUG=+mountmgr wine notepad and insert and mount a CD/DVD. If you don't see any messages related to finding & mapping CD/DVD then your Wine is not properly compiled or you missing required library.