Re: mountmgr doesn't recognize d:: link to /dev/sr0

Correct. I don't see any message noting the disk mount, but I do see this:

warn:mountmgr:load_functions failed to load HAL support: libhal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
trace:mountmgr:initialize_diskarbitration Skipping, Disk Arbitration support not compiled in

Well, I guess I have some work to do. :-)

Thank you for your enlightening answer. Do you know, is the libhal.so.1 file it is looking for an element of wine, or an element of freedesktop.org?