Re: Kingsoft Office 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 10:00 -0500, derick_mitsui wrote:
> Hi, i am a newbie in linux.
> may i know how to setup kingsoft office using wine so that it can run
> properly in ubuntu?
>
> i heard that kingsoft office was cross platform applications but it's
> not working here.

Well, only seems to run on various Windows versions, so not really cross
platform.

Since you seem to be happy to use a MS Office compatible office suite,
I'd suggest that you take a careful look at Open Office, since that
should be preinstalled on Ubuntu. I'm using OO 3.0.1 with Fedora 10 and
have yet to meet a MS Office file it can't handle. Its even OK with
really old (MS Word 5 for DOS) files.

If it meets your needs that will save you the time and effort of
installing either Kingsoft or MS Office under Wine.

Martin