One toolbar button not working in Chart Navigator

I had an installation of Mandrake Linux 10.1 (wine 0.9.9) for which Maptech's Chart Navigator functionally worked out-of-the-box. Absolutely nothing was needed to be done to install or run, and everything worked.

I attempted to install ChartNav on Mandriva 2007.0 which failed. I then attempted to compile most recent version from source, and Chart Nav continued to fail on start-up. I upgraded this system to Mandriva 2008.1 (Spring) and am now thus using the wine 0.9.58 package with that OS.

I got the install issues solved (native ws2help.dll and glu32.dll) and the start up problem fixed (native dcom98) which have been documented issues with this application. I also have selected in winecfg to use native ole32.dll, oldaut32.dll and rpcrt4.dll as native.

However, I am still having one issue that seems quite strange. All Chart Navigator functionality seems present except one: routes.

Whether clicking the "Routes" toolbar button or selecting "Routes" from the menu, no route waypoints can be entered on the chart. Everything else works - Marks, Text Annotations, etc. The toolbar button itself highlights and appears selected, and the status line reads "Create a Route Now by Clicking the Chart," but the app does not go into that 'mode.' The mouse cursor does not change (supposed to be a crosshair) and clicking a chart location does not enter waypoint.

My preliminary attempts to debug this with WINEDEBUG channels have not gotten anywhere (yet), and I do plan to dig further. But I was just wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light on why one function like this would not work when all else does?

Thanks.

--
John S. Riley