Re: Different audio settings for different applications

Daniel Skorka wrote:

> I have noticed this too, but never really cared for this so I didn't
> investigate. You could try manually configuring what you want as
> decribed here: http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

Thanks for the address, but I am not sure how to achieve the desired
effect using this technique. I'll tell you what what I want to do, maybe
you or someone else has an idea that might help:

Sometimes I have to use a certain program to access a DVD. (According to
German law, I am not allowed to tell you its name. ;-) )

This program runs nearly perfectly using wine, except for one little
annoyance: as soon as I insert a DVD, the program starts playing its
content. (Yes: inside wine!) And when I navigate through the DVD's menu,
the program always instantly starts to play the selected menu item. This
is pretty disturbing, because I can not navigate through the menu
without the DVD-ROM running wild and me having to wait for the slow
mechanism inside.

I can only prohibit this behaviour by unselecting all audio drivers,
because when the program doesn't find an audio driver the DVD won't be
played and I can navigate through the DVD's menu the way I want.

I am not claiming this behaviour being due to a wine-bug(*), but in
former releases I could deactivate the audio driver for each application
separately. With current releases this capability is gone: you can
either activate audio for all applications or deactivate it for all
applications.

So, whenever I need to run this certain program, I have to call winecfg
first to deactivate the audio driver and when I want to run another
program later I have to call winecfg again to re-activate the driver.

If anyone has got an idea how to keep this program from driving me
crazy, I'd be very thankful to hear it.

(* But on the other hand it still might be a wine-bug, because when this
certain program is run under native windows, it behaves differently and
it won't even try to play the DVD and each selected menu item)

--
Wolfgang Klein (Paderborn/DE)        ,_,
PGP-Schlüssel per e-mail anfordern: (o,o) Request PGP key by e-mail: