Re: Irfanview

Kerry Lange wrote:
"The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the dynamic link library
MFC42.DLL".
Did you register the DLL? I believe the command is:
regsvr32 mfc42.dll

Okay, I've done this as well and am told that the dll has been
successfully registered.  However, I still get the above error message
when I try running the install program.

Yea, that was a bit of a shot in the dark.

Also, the "mfc42.dll" doesn't show up in the drop-down box in the
"Libraries" tab.  I don't know whether it's supposed to but in any event
it doesn't.

In general, if Wine doesn't supply a DLL, then it will by default look for it in windows/system32. So I wouldn't worry about that part.

The error message means that the application is looking for a function in mfc42.dll that it cannot find. Where did you get this DLL? You might want to try one from somewhere else.

Does it matter where you're trying to run the install program from?
I've got the install program in the "~/.wine/drive_c/" directory.

It should not matter. I tried installing iview399.exe, and it installed flawlessly for me. I do have an mfc42.dll in my system32 folder, though I don't remember where I got it.