Re: ACT! 6.0 under Wine

shane2peru wrote:
I copied the windows msvcrt.dll over, there are actually 3 the other
two are msvcrt20.dll msvcrt40.dll   I did them one at a time, and
changed owner, then permissions to make them the same as the rest of
the dll's in the system32 directory.  Ok, here is what I get:

wine: Call from 0x7b840790 to unimplemented function
msvcrt.dll._mbsspnp, aborting

I am a little puzzled by the sequence from this and the statements below. Did you get the above error message after going into winecfg and changing it to use the native msvcrt DLLs? Or does the statement below mean that you didn't get that far to get these error messages?

You could always set the environment variable WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, and
then run ACT. It should show which DLLs it is actually loading.
Can you explain how to do this? Thanks.

You would set an environment variable by executing the command:
export WINEDEBUG=+loaddll

I tried setting the
configuration in wine to emulate 2000, I had been using xp, and I also
used the default.  I really don't see much of a difference between the
two.  When I go to the libraries, and add the msvcrt to native
bulletin, ACT won't even start.  ??  I tried it as just native and it
wouldn't start either.  ?    Thanks for the help.

That is a little unusual, since this is normally one of the few native DLLs which can safely be used globally. I doubt the DLL is directly causing the program to not start, so I guess maybe a correct msvcrt DLL is causing ACT to break somewhere else in the program.