Re: IE6 on wine

Markus Winhard wrote:
I don't know sidenet. However, if you were successful installing IE6 this part of your problem should be solved, isn't it? So why bother with winetools if sidenet already did the job on your machine?

G'day

Likely minor points, but first is that it appears that Winetools is considered better and more flexible.

Also, I noticed the sidenet doesn't keep everything under .wine. A bit of a surprise, I didn't see a place to set that. I likely just missed it.

In the meantime, I have discovered the err or my ways regarding WineTools. The wt was not launching because I should have taken the source for that and recompiled it. I though he only had rpms there (I tend to prefer source), I really needed to look harder on that screen, for the tar.gz just under the rpm. That's what I get for not taking a break. Should have seen it yes, slap/slap...

Thanks much....;-)

--
ldb