Re: IE6 on wine

Markus Winhard wrote:
Hi Linda,

I used WineTools to install IE6SP1, MDAC, MS truetype core fonts and so on. Ask google and use the first link it shows.

I was trying to use the WineTools for installing IE6, but it kept failing when it tried to download. As far as I could tell I had all connectivity correct. I did also notice that I can't start up "wt2" which is apparently part of winetools. I was trying to find an older version than the one I'm using "1.30" in case that was a problem.

I did install IE6 this morning with wine-config-sidenet, but I understand winetools is considered better. However, the sidenet did download the package with no problems, any idea as to why the difference?

--
ldb