Re: Jump Raven

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:46:31 +0100, <xyzzy1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Has anybody had any success getting Jump Raven to install, much less run? I bought the game many years ago and thought I would try it out on Wine, seeing
as it is a Windows 3.1 game and probably won't work in XP.

Fedora Core 4 all updated except for the last kernel, wine-0.9.10 (Fedora's
packaged version).

I am running off of the CD at /media/cdecorder. The setup proceeds showing me
a window saying "Initializing Setup..." and then an error message with
"Insufficient memory or disk space". This is, of course, a completely bogus
error. I have gigabytes of diskspace and lots of memory.

Any suggestions on how I can run wine to try to debug this? Are Windows 3.1
applications even supported?

Thanks in advance for any help.

have you sat in winecfg win 3.11 ? (that will effectively diable winecfg too
though; the next time your run it. Atleast it did that for me XD, so i had
to set winxp in the registry to get it to run again.. don't ask me how i did that..