Re: Do the developers of wine get royalties or developement support from cross over office and transgaming companies

Joris Huizer wrote:
Tomislav Bobic wrote:
I would like to know if wine developers (well team) receives royalties
or support from transgaming and cross over office creators.

Some cross over people are actively working on the wine code-base - as far as I know transgaming does not support wine in any way

Actually a bit more than some. I would say that more than half of the development is done by Crossover people. For example, just browse through the authors of the CVS commits for this month:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2006-February/subject.html

Without Codeweavers (the company behind Crossover) Wine would be nowhere near where it is today.