Re: [Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

I figured it out - I finally figured out file permissions for my fat drives, and Xara started up from my Windows partition just fine (I thought I had the permissions correct, but I didn't have user write yet.) However, since that didn't change the situation of the face c: install I wanted, it didn't solve the problem, but I knew that the font itself was not a problem with wine. The problem was that Xara was trying to write to the font file or something. So it seemed like the font file newly installed might be different from that which had been used already by Xara. Sure enough, the files were different between the fake drive with the new install and the fat drive where I had been using Xara under windows. So I copied the font file from the fat partition into my fake drive fonts dir, and it worked fine! Don't know why it was trying to write to the font file or why it wouldn't work, but that seems to be what the problem was. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Note: it doesn't work perfectly. I can't see the handles on anything when I edit splines, and the spaces in fonts come up as blocks, so if anyone has any hints, I'd appreciate the help.

faceman