Re: [Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

J Facemyer wrote:
Duane Clark wrote:

J Facemyer wrote:

I'm trying to run Xara X either from native windows directory or from local fake windows directory. When I run it from windows dir, I get the splash screen and then it hangs. When I try to install locally (using msi installer) it doesn't work.

It is not clear from this whether it failed to install, or it apparently installed but does not run.

It looked like it installed, but only for super user. The files were all in place, but it acted the same way, just hung on splash screen.

You should not be running Wine as root, and this could possibly be part of the problem.

You should get to a configuration that we can understand and work from. That means first of all stating what Linux version you are using, and what Wine version and where you got it.

Then you should, as an ordinary user (not root) completely delete your current ~/.wine directory, and the Wine C: drive if it is located somewhere other than within the ~/.wine. You should then execute "wine notepad" or just "notepad", assuming you are using a reasonably current Wine (which you should be doing). This will cause a new, fresh ~/.wine to be created along with a new Wine C: drive.

Now try installing and running Xara X. Post any messages printed out.