Re: [Wine]MS office and spell checker

An update:

This may be a registry issue. I recall that in order to get the July release to work it was necessary set the "LoadWindowsRegistryFiles" parameter to N. For the heck of it I tried to reset that back to Y. Spell checker now works.

There is a small anomaly that error messages that used to appear as dialog boxes now appear as a unique box outside of the main window.

Is there a current primer on how to set up the registry from scratch? I understand that there has been a major change in that area in the last several months. If there is a way to clear the Wine registry and reinitialize that would be a reasonable thing to do and might clean some of this up.

Dan

Dan Sawyer wrote:

Thanks for the reply:

This is a dual boot machine. MSOffice '97 is installed in a win98 native parttion. From a boot of that partition MSword and MSexcel both find and run spell checker successfully.

In both the July and August released of Wine spell checker does not work. As of the July release the order to dll search was changed to all builtin dll's.

Word fails to offer the spell checker option under tools at all. Excel offers it but them fails with a "cannot initialize spell checker" error message.

Thanks,
Dan

Duane Clark wrote:

Dan Sawyer wrote:

All,

The last two releases of wine have failed to run spell checker, either work or excel. This is a native partition. A boot and run works successfully.

What does a "boot and run works successfully" mean? For me at least, spell check in Word2K seems to work fine. For what it is worth, I am running current CVS, have the Wine "Version" set to win2k, and am using all Wine DLLs except for msvcrt.dll.

Is this known? How can it be debugged?

Generally, if it breaks, a regression test is the easiest thing. It is not real difficult, but does require CVS.
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression