Re: [Wine]MS office and spell checker

Thanks for the reply:

This is a dual boot machine. MSOffice '97 is installed in a win98 native parttion. From a boot of that partition MSword and MSexcel both find and run spell checker successfully.

In both the July and August released of Wine spell checker does not work. As of the July release the order to dll search was changed to all builtin dll's.

Word fails to offer the spell checker option under tools at all. Excel offers it but them fails with a "cannot initialize spell checker" error message.

Thanks,
Dan

Duane Clark wrote:

Dan Sawyer wrote:

All,

The last two releases of wine have failed to run spell checker, either work or excel. This is a native partition. A boot and run works successfully.

What does a "boot and run works successfully" mean? For me at least, spell check in Word2K seems to work fine. For what it is worth, I am running current CVS, have the Wine "Version" set to win2k, and am using all Wine DLLs except for msvcrt.dll.

Is this known? How can it be debugged?

Generally, if it breaks, a regression test is the easiest thing. It is not real difficult, but does require CVS.
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression