Goldmine DDE to Linux Wordprocessor

Hello,

Newbie to wine.

I have built a wine binary from source (wine-20031212). I have been able to get Goldmine 5.0 running well with this version of wine. Goldmine has the ability to perform a DDE interface to format some information and launch a word processor. Essentially, to fill in some macro pieces before opening a template. I can get the interface to work with OpenOffice.org Writer (both Goldmine and OOo running on Windows).

Is there a way, someone could recommend, to allow me to use this DDE interface to launch OOo for Linux when running Goldmine using wine ? The goal is to be free of Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately, Goldmine is only available in Windows executable format. Goldmine is considered a must have program (the users won't accept an alternative).

I was real excited when I was able to get Goldmine to work great using wine. The only piece missing is the ability to click a button in Goldmine to launch OOo to format a template document for sending to a fax or printer. I would prefer to launch the native OOo for Linux rather than running OOo for Windows using wine.

Any suggestions? Or am I out of luck ?

Ken Cobler