Re: Which ( any ) windows dlls should be moved to wine?

sean wrote:
Thanks.

But to be clear. I copy all the dll's over from win98, so that /usr/lib/wine/wine would have the wine dll.so's and the win98 dll's.
Then I just make the changes in the config file. Right?

Oops, no. The win98 DLLs should be copied over to the windows/system directory wherever your Wine C: drive is. /usr/lib/wine should only contain Wine DLLs. I'm assuming that you are using a "fake" windows C: Wine directory (you should be doing that).

While you are at it, you might want to copy fonts from win98 into the system/Fonts directory for Wine to use.

Looking at the config file, I see - before any changes:

"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
"mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"

Does this mean it's looking is /usr/lib/wine/wine for the native (*.dll) files, but will fall back to wine dll's ( *.dll.so)?

Yes, that is a fallback method. As mentioned above, the native DLLs would be located in windows/system, though.