Re: error while starting up Excel (wine cvs)

Nirmal, if you have Office installed correctly on a Windows partition,
have you tried running those already-installed programs with Wine? If

Yes, that's what I tried first but wine wasn't able to start up Excel or any of the other Office apps.. my first message on this thread has the errors that wine exited with.

You could also try copying "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield\Engine\6\Intel 32\IKernel.exe" (and anything else in
the folders) to your fake_wine Program files directory (with the
relevant subfolders) and try installing again, if you really want to get
Office "installed" under Wine, rather than just running.

I just want to get it running, don't necessarily need to install it under Wine.. but I was running into roadblocks with the former and so I took Ivan's suggestion of trying out the fake_windows option. Will try copying the files as you mentioned and see if that helps..

My understanding is that Office should run under regular Wine (though
perhaps it runs better under Crossover Office), whether or not it

Am going to give Crossover Office also a try.. hopefully one of these options will work..

Thanks for your help,
nirmal