Re: Unusable Font after upgrading to wine 1.4 (Ubuntu 12.04)

tosho1 wrote:

> So, if nobody can halp me here I would be happy if at least someone could confirm (or decline) that 64 bit has a problem, maybe only on (K)Ubuntu.
>
> Is there anybody out there with a running (and good looking) Wine on a 64 bit Kubuntu 12.04? Maybe it's not a Wine but a (K)Ubuntu issue?
>
> Does anybody know how to install a Wine 1.3 on Ubuntu 12.04

Ubuntu 12.04 has lots of problems with regards to Wine, especially 64 bit; there's a sticky at the top of the forum all about them. You're the first person to mention ugly fonts, though.

My guess is that your problem  might be related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.4/+bug/944321, which is one of the bugs listed in the sticky. Towards the bottom of that bug report there are several comments mentioning problems with installing libfreetype6-dev_2.4.8-1ubuntu2_i386.deb on a 64 bit system. That package is  needed to compile 32 bit Wine with Freetype support.

Try winetricks allfonts.