Re: Unusable Font after upgrading to wine 1.4 (Ubuntu 12.04)

Nobody else has this problem? Unbelievable.
Meanwhile I did a completely fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, installed wine, tested the "configure wine" programm and it looked fine. Later on I installed the ttf-mscorefonts-installer, and when I started my windows time tracking program it not only looked ugly as before, but also reproducible crashes when scrolling down a list. Gosh!

As uninstalling didn't help I finally installed linux from scratch a second time, just to find out, that  ttf-mscorefonts-installer is not the bad guy. All programms look ugly still and my time tracking program still crashes. Only the "configure wine" programm obviously now has an explicit Arial font set and that's why it looks good.

So finally, after two days of fruitless work it turns out, that Wine 1.4 is totally unusable to me. The time tracking program is unique and vital for my work and I cannot use it anymore.

It worked fine with Wine 1.0 to 1.3, as all the other programms did that I use, but 1.0 - 1.3 is gone under Kubuntu 12.04

On my laptop running the 32 bit version of 12.04 Wine works fine, but on my 64 desktop system - no way.

So, if nobody can halp me here I would be happy if at least someone could confirm (or decline) that 64 bit has a problem, maybe only on (K)Ubuntu.

Is there anybody out there with a running (and good looking) Wine on a 64 bit Kubuntu 12.04? Maybe it's not a Wine but a (K)Ubuntu issue?

Does anybody know how to install a Wine 1.3 on Ubuntu 12.04

Please help. I've got to get back to work.