Unusable Font after upgrading to wine 1.4 (Ubuntu 12.04)

Hello,

today I upgraded my system from Kubuntu 11.04 to 12.04 and installed wine 1.4.
Now, most my Windows apps (e.g. the "configure wine" program) have ugly, almost unreadable fonts
TTF-Fonts are installed and working properly when explicitly chosen, but all the "standard" fonts (like for menus, window titles and so on) are bold, grainy and not anti aliased.

I don't know which font is used for that elements nor do I know how to change them. In Wine 1.3 every thing was smooth and nice.

It took me three hours of searching now with no avail.

Please help. It's so frustrating that with every new release something is broken again. How comes that the developers don't notice this?