jscript engine not found

Hi there,

After upgrading from wine 1.2 to wine 1.4, jscript stuff got broken.
So I have the .wine folder I used to transfer from 1 pc to the next because it contains a database that AmiBroker creates (the win software i need wine for), plus I have various technologies properly installed and set in there: many OLE/COM objects, used to have script engine, mono.
I also use Ubuntu and I've stuck to this first .wine folder from version 10.10 to 11.10.
However, with ubuntu 12.04 and wine 1.4, the jscript engine stopped working and when I now do:
Code:
$wine wscript myfile.js

 I receive the following error: fixme:wscript:wWinMain Could not find engine for L"./myfile.js"

The weird thing is that AmiBroker uses internet explorer jscript engine to run jscripts and within the software it all work fine. It's when I call scripts outside Amibroker that the jscript engine is somehow not found, like in the code above.

My research so far, leads me to think the problem stems from the registry which must have had a key somehow changed...unfortunately, I'm super crap at dealing with that registry.

My laptop not being beefy enough to run a virtual machine, I absolutely need to get these scripts working again in wine.
I've also already tried to reinstall everything in a fresh prefix but the results were even worse: jscript wouldn't work anywhere, and all my AmiBroker work turned useless. I strongly suspect something is wrong with wine 1.4.

Thanks for your help
G.