Re: ACM using TrueSpeech codec (acmStreamOpen())

Looks like I discovered the problem, so I'll answer my own post if anyone else is curious. It turned out I needed to register the TrueSpeech .dll for both the TrueSpeech format tag (0x22) and the PCM format tag (0x01). Not registering it for the PCM format tag was the main problem. Also, when calling acmStreamOpen() I needed to specify ACM_STREAMOPENF_NONREALTIME to inform the codec I wasn't concerned about realtime encoding, or otherwise it thought it wasn't capable of realtime performance and returned an error.

I'm still interested in trying to compile my code under a stock libwine distribution in case some problems are discovered and I need to move forward with better .dll support. Basically I want to create a linux app which loads some Windows .dll files but doesn't do any Windows graphics or anything like that. Is it a simple operation?

-Rob