Re: Wine unable to open display.

Rob Hughes wrote:

Not to be rude, but chown -R user:group $dir isn't exactly rocket science. Also, using find $dir -uid 0 is pretty straight forward stuff as well. It wasn't until I ran cvs in my home dir that it worked. Again though, I must point out that I've never grabbed a tarball. I always pull from cvs.

I've never used a tarball either.

It's a moot point anyway, since wineinstall barfs on not being able to find my mounted windows directory.

I would like to strongly discourage the use of a Windows directory, assuming you are talking about a real Windows installation that you don't want to be screwed up. Use a fake windows, and copy over any files you want from the real windows directory.