Re: ./tools/wineinstall not able to recognize my Windows partition.

omsai wrote:
However, are you really sure you want to do that? I strongly recommend
that you create a "fake" windows install, and just copy over any files
you want from the real Windows. Otherwise, you risk messing up the real
Windows.

What files exactly do I need to copy over?

Typically, the files (mostly DLLs) in windows\system and fonts in windows\Fonts. Copy them into the corresponding directory in the fake install.

In general, the only native DLL I use by default is msvcrt.dll, because the wine version still needs a lot of work. Other DLLs I only use on a case by case basis, configured in my ~/.wine/config.