Re: problem with wine (cannot run ANYTHING)

Ethan Baker wrote:
I am completely unable to run anything on wine, as I get the following
errors:

wine c33setup.exe Building font metrics. This may take some time... Font metrics: 0.0% done fixme:font:LFD_InitFontInfo DBCS fonts like '-baekmuk-batangbdf-bold-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-100-ksc5601.1987-0' are not working correctly now.

You can remove the offending fonts from your X font server; a few do break Wine.

Or a better solution, if you have a reasonably current Linux version, is to create a windows\Fonts directory in your Windows directory, and stick some TrueType fonts in it. You can get the fonts from a real Windows install (in C:\windows\Fonts) and also from:
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

That will cause Wine to use direct Font rendering, which in general is a good thing (better performance and quality).