Re: Named Pipe patch

Mike McCormack wrote:

Hi,

This patch probably shouldn't be applied... it's just to let everybody know where I'm at with the named pipes code.

The patch moves away from using unix pipes to implement named pipes, and instead implements pipes internally. This is necessary to implement message mode properly (without race conditions).

I don't have time to work on it this week, so don't expect anything new before the weekend. If anybody wants to play with it or comment, feel welcome.

I've started trying to pass some of Dan's tests, but it still fails... Dan, your test's coverage is great!

Mike

<patch police>
cvs diff -u
</patch police>