Office 2000

hi all

Probably a question that was asked before, but I can't find an answer
(I'm not that good at looking on the internet :| )

I installed the latest version of wine
When I try to install office 2000, I get a window taht sais:
"could not find a package to install on the installation media"
the installation does not start, I can't do anything unless clicking OK

The only info I found in the internet, was a lame discussion that the person with this same problem had to buy one or another software thing which 'should' work.  That's one thing I don't want to do. I'm just a poor student :-)

can anyone tell me what to do, or where I can find a solution ?

thank you very much
best regards
Steven

winecheck gives only a small number of problems.  I think they are not bad, but what do I know...

SUSPICIOUS (/mnt/fd0 does not exists)
CRITICAL (/dev/fd0 is not reachable for you)
CRITICAL (/dev/cdrom is not readable for you)
 --> not true, I can mount it, and access all the files on it
SUSPICIOUS (directory /tmp/orbit-root is not accessible for you)
CRITICAL (/dev/cdrom is not readable for you)
 --> not true, read above...
CRITICAL (/dev/dsp does not exist)
CRITICAL (/dev/mixer does not exist)
BAD (/dev/sequencer does not exist)

ADVICE:
A windows registry does not seem to have been added to Wine as this typical windeows registry entry does not exist in Wine's registry.  A complete original windows registry entry set wil *not* be available with a no-windows install. Usually this will present no problem in running applications although this can affect newer programs.

30 tests. 2 suspicious, 1 bad, 5 critical, 0 failed

This mail is scanned with
Symantec Norton Antivirus