Re: [Help] When one application internally invokes another application?

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, leanne wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I wonder wine's config would help if one application needs to invoke
> another application, say, Notes Client to
> open attachment with notepad.exe.  I fail to open the attached txt file
> and it complained no such program.
> I have put notepad.exe on /usr/share/wine-c/windows/ and
> /usr/share/wine-c/windows/system :-(
>
> Anyone could help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Leanne

From <wine>/documentation/samples/config:

[DllOverrides]
"msacm32"      = "builtin, native"
"midimap.drv"  = "builtin, native"
; you can specify applications too
"notepad.exe"  = "native, builtin"

Oops, you want yours the other way to:
"notepad.exe"  = "builtin, native"

Wine will look in WINEDLLPATH for these, have a read of nab wine.

Lawson

---oops---