[Help] When one application internally invokes another application?

Dear all,

I wonder wine's config would help if one application needs to invoke
another application, say, Notes Client to
open attachment with notepad.exe.  I fail to open the attached txt file
and it complained no such program.
I have put notepad.exe on /usr/share/wine-c/windows/ and
/usr/share/wine-c/windows/system :-(

Anyone could help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Leanne