AGU 2024 session (V008) on interdisciplinary approach to understand magma storage, transport and eruption

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Moitra, Pranabendu - (pmoitra)" <pmoitra@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting your work to our session â??V008: Evolution of
transcrustal magma plumbing systems and volcanic eruption styles: Chemical,
Temporal, and Physical perspectivesâ?? at AGU 2024.

Session description:

This session aims to probe questions such as how do we: 1) investigate
transitions in volcanic eruption styles from melt and fluid inclusions,
minerals, vesicles and glass in erupted products, 2) constrain magmatic
processes that contribute to eruption explosivity such as volatile
degassing and outgassing rates, kinetics of magma crystallization and
bubble formation, rheology and fragmentation of magma, 3) detect magma
bodies and determine their volume and geometry, 4) quantify time-integrated
chemical, mechanical, and thermal processes in magmatic systems, 5)
determine the frequency of magma injections, dykes, and melt extraction
events, 6) interrogate minerals, glasses/melts, and volatile emissions, to
constrain timescales and location of magmatic processes, and 7) decipher
signs of volcanic unrest (e.g., degassing, tremors, edifice deformation).
We invite contributions investigating the plumbing architecture and
physicochemical evolution of magmatic systems, and measures to understand
and forecast eruptions using field observations, laboratory analyses,
experiments, numerical modeling, geophysical and geochemical techniques.

The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 23:59 EDT.
We look forward to your contributions to our session.

With best regards,

Pranabendu Moitra, Benoit Taisne, Ayla Pamukcu, Brad Singer

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5