AGU 2024 session P043: Volatiles and Volcanism Across the Solar System

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Shuo Ding <sd3210@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU session P043:
Volatiles and Volcanism Across the Solar System (
https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/meetingapp.cgi/Session/226847
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/meetingapp.cgi/Session/226847__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwOdBLMafnWPwxdsIwAhUnyz_6vdC7WuHW-wa2o0aqD4XXA-bntj7U9se8R2kuFO4etuBVY_aGnZE9jOkCs1481Gfg$>
).

*Session Description:*Volcanism and outgassing of volatiles (H, C, S, N,
etc.) from planetary bodies across the solar system played a critical role
in the evolution of planetary interiors, surface properties, atmospheres,
and climate. The volcanic landforms, eruption styles, and the longevity of
activity vary significantly across the solar system due to differences in
temperature, composition (particularly bulk volatile contents), redox
state, and lithospheric architecture, reflecting different thermal
histories and internal dynamics of different planetary bodies. This session
discusses recent advances in planetary volcanism (including silicate and
cryovolcanism) relating to volatile behavior, magma generation, storage,
ascent, and emplacement styles. We also encourage perspectives from studies
of planetary surface properties and composition, age constraints, and
analog terrestrial field studies, all leading to a better understanding of
planetary volcanic records. We invite studies employing interdisciplinary
approaches, including remote sensing, in-situ/meteorites or returned sample
analysis, field observations, numerical/thermodynamic modeling, and
laboratory experiments.

*Invited speaker:*

James Dottin, Brown University

Michael Sori, Purdue University

*Deadline*: 31st July 2024

Best,

The session conveners:

Shuo Ding, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Pranabendu Moitra, University of Arizona
Megan Newcombe, University of Maryland

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6