AGU 2024 Session V031: What can pyroclasts tell us?

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Andrews, Benjamin" <AndrewsB@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my fellow conveners, I would like to draw your attention to
Fall AGU Session V031 What Can Pyroclasts Tell Us? (confex.com)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/228409__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fknj2ieqSh_Ah1tdmoBV6v3wtgRrH0cU0wINWew23X_SWNGDrdOFsGnL5IyaRM99udCLuPkSw_S4UffYqX1V1Ke8Rw$>

â??Pyroclasts are frozen fragments of explosive volcanic eruptions. These
particles range in size from microns to meters and have myriad vesicle,
crystal, and morphological textures. Importantly, pyroclasts can record
otherwise unobservable volcanic processes including conduit flow,
fragmentation, aggregation, sintering or welding, and deposition. We
welcome contributions from field and experimental volcanology, geophysical
monitoring, computational modeling, petrology, and microanalytical
techniques that discuss processes preserved in pyroclasts. Specifically, we
hope to discuss (1) processes that occur prior to, during, and after
fragmentation, (2) how pyroclasts are ejected from the vent, (3)
interactions of pyroclasts with the atmosphere and other particles
(including aggregation), and (4) how pyroclast textures evolve from
fragmentation through eruption and transport to deposition.â??

As a reminder, abstract submission closes at 23:59 p.m. ET/03:59 +1 GMT

If you have any questions about the session, feel free to email me.

Sincerely,

Ben

Benjamin Andrews

Ulrich Kueppers