AGU 2024 Session V030: Volcanic Eruptions in 2024

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: "Andrews, Benjamin" <AndrewsB@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues.

On behalf of my fellow convener, I would like to draw your attention to
Fall AGU Session V030 Volcanic Eruptions in 2024 (confex.com)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/228239__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Zrs1pQB6t8XI2X06xSMHjVn9N3e6DBcovOr1dw2SNpCjbW0coostx8M3xRfR2qBr50WEdFTnImUVNvGwZDr69ZgsKA$>

â??About 80 volcanic eruptions occur every year from more than 70 different
volcanoes. As of April 24th, more than 47 different volcanoes have erupted
during 2024. Some of those eruptions have generated substantial
international news coverage, whereas others have not â?? but all of the
eruptions provide opportunities to study volcanic processes, their impacts
on humans and the environment, and the responses or reactions of local
populations to volcanic eruptions and their associated hazards. This
session seeks contributions that discuss eruptions that occur during 2024.â??

As a reminder, abstract submission closes at 23:59 p.m. ET/03:59 +1 GMT

If you have any questions about the session, feel free to email me.

Sincerely,

Ben

Benjamin Andrews

Marie Edmonds