AGU 2024 Session V006: Crystallization Processes in Magma

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "Andrews, Benjamin" <AndrewsB@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my fellow convener, I would like to draw your attention to
Fall AGU Session V006 Crystallization Processes in Magma (confex.com)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/229227__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ciuG1A2PLEkSW5-sxSWY25IQId6Qzt_28GJAGGkcxhGyYoeaSBK1jflVOsjuD4_ej88SCJTySwhKwl6hS3IvJbP9-w$>

â??Crystals within igneous rocks provide important and unique records of
magmatic processes that occur prior to and during emplacement or eruption.
Quantitative understanding of crystallization can provide insights into
equilibrium and disequilibrium processes within magmas such as magma
mixing, assimilation, decompression and ascent that cannot be directly
observed. This session seeks contributions that discuss crystal nucleation
and growth, crystal resorption, crystal reaction rims, and diffusion within
and between crystals and melt. We welcome presentations that examine those
kinetic processes through the study of natural samples, experimental
petrology, and computational modeling.â??

As a reminder, abstract submission closes at 23:59 p.m. ET/03:59 +1 GMT

If you have any questions about the session, feel free to email me.

Sincerely,

Ben

Benjamin Andrews

Laura Waters