AGU 2024 Session on Submarine Volcanism

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Hélène Le Mével" <hlemevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU session: V024.
Submarine to Emergent Volcanism: Advances in Observations, Methods, and
Surveying
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/229076__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!e-LGNeitcZ0d1bqJFb3E9sVgK-vxjnET10lG-_WRlFJfcvOH-yyEWsEN1g_bUfO1VyO4UQVRdOCs73M1WV-bGAspXg$>

*Session Description:*
We aim to bring together the interdisciplinary community that analyses the
deposits and processes of underwater volcanic systems with eruptions below
and above the ocean surface. Marine volcanism occurs in a wide variety of
geodynamic settings and dominates the Earthâ??s magmatic budget, but the
presence and remoteness of the oceans makes it challenging to observe
eruptive and intrusive events and sample their products. Consequently,
progress in this field depends on fostering community-wide efforts that
integrate traditional approaches with innovative advances in observational,
surveying, laboratory and modeling techniques. We seek contributions that
span the full range of approaches to studying submarine to emergent
volcanism to provide new insights into geological, geochemical, and
geophysical processes and the resulting volcanic facies. Newly developed
techniques from observational, experimental, and theoretical studies that
produce high-resolution data of active volcanic systems and enhance our
understanding of submarine volcanic systems and their dynamics are
particularly welcomed.

*Deadline*: 31st July 2024

We hope to see you this December in Washington DC!

Best wishes,

The session conveners:
Hélène Le Mével, Carnegie Science
Tushar Mittal, Pennsylvania State University
Sam Mitchell, University of Bristol
Valentine Puzenat, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris
Kristen Fauria, Vanderbilt University

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2