Special Issue “A new era for volcanology: the increasing role of remote sensing data to detect, monitor and quantify volcanic activity” on Bulletin of Volcanology

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Federico Galetto <fg253@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,
We would like to draw your attention to the special issue â??*A new era for
volcanology: the increasing role of remote sensing data to detect, monitor
and quantify volcanic activity*â?? that has just been opened on Bulletin of
Volcanology. In this special issue we welcome articles that use any kind of
remote sensing data (radar, thermal, optical, UV) to monitor and quantify
the volcanic activity. For example, works could focus on using remote
sensing data to detect and quantify ash and SO2 plumes, ground
displacements, thermal anomalies, surface and topographic changes. We also
encourage contributions that combine remote sensing data with other
monitoring data, as well as with any kind of modelling or data analysis
tools (e.g., independent/principal component analysis, Fourier transforms,
machine learning). More information is provided at
https://link.springer.com/collections/bejhbegfbd
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/collections/bejhbegfbd__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZI7rluhAwStqlEprfWQtMC2DeJz_Z8Xq1Up6iiXQ32ND7TqmlUqLeZ-tS8Q0XMj65I7RZ4lNkfN_04-EcjSDHDotbQ$>,
where you can also find the guest editorsâ?? email contact. Do not hesitate
to contact us for more information.
The deadline for the article submission is 30 April 2026.
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Thank you.
Best wishes,
Federico Galetto, Edna Dualeh, Francisco Delgado

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - http://pdx.edu/

GVP - https://volcano.si.edu/

IAVCEI - https://www.iavceivolcano.org/

To subscribe to the volcano list, send the message:

subscribe volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 3 May 2024 to 6 May 2024 (#2024-40)