Rittmann Conference - Call For Abstracts - S16: Magma storage and dynamics of explosive eruptions

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Alessia Falasconi <alessia.falasconi@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention to session S16 - Magma storage and
dynamics of explosive eruptions of the Rittmann conference, which will be
held from 18th to 20th September 2024 in Catania (at Monastero dei
Benedettini di San Nicolò lâ??Arena).

Conveners:
Federica Langone, Università di Milano,
Alessia Falasconi, Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia,

Lucia Pappalardo, Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia,

Francesca Forni, Università di Milano

In this session, we invite contributions that delve into the complexities
of explosive eruptions, which represents the most violent and hazardous
expression of magmatic activity on Earth. Understanding the conditions and
timescale of magma storage in the crust, the processes that trigger
explosive eruptions, and the mechanisms that control magma ascent to the
surface is crucial for interpreting the signals of potential reawakening at
active volcanic regions. Additionally, reconstructing the eruption
parameters and dynamics facilitates the evaluation of the impact of these
eruptions.

We encourage submissions that utilize a wide range of methodologies,
including field observations, textural analyses, geochemical, isotopic and
geochronological investigations, geophysical data, laboratory experiments,
and numerical modelling. By integrating these approaches, researchers can
unravel the inner workings and manifestations of explosive volcanisms,
ultimately enhancing our understanding of volcanic processes and hazard
assessment.

The Alfred Rittmann Conference has represented since 2009 the most
significant scientific exchange moment for the entire Italian
volcanological community. The conference is aimed at all researchers
working in every branch of volcanology, including physical volcanology,
geochemistry, geophysics, and monitoring to present their most recent
scientific findings, hence we especially encourage researchers to submit an
abstract. The *abstract submission deadline* is the *17th May 2024*.

For further information on the conference, its sessions and how to submit
an abstract please visit
https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/sessioni/sessioni.html
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.conferenzarittmann.it/sessioni/sessioni.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aBPo514X-xG0xwCNJv61trq1Ho72HrshLZaYcD6bzZElqV33rMJfvCQzzVqRqFEkQqeSq3S0OaIjJE1ADZh_vgVa4w$>

We are looking forward to see you in Catania,

Federica, Alessia, Lucia, Francesca

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1