COV12 workshop on Saturday February 17: Identifying priorities and opportunities for advancing knowledge of volcanic airborne emission impacts to societies, environments, and economies

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: "Deligne, Natalia I" <ndeligne@xxxxxxxx>

Registration is now open for COV12 workshops (and pre- and post-conference
field trips).

We invite you to register for our post-conference workshop, â??Identifying
priorities and opportunities for advancing knowledge of volcanic airborne
emission impacts to societies, environments, and economiesâ??. In addition to
students, researchers, and volcano observatory staff, we extend a special
invitation to civil servants, emergency managers, decision-makers, and
community members. The workshop will be on Saturday 17 February from 9 am
to 6 pm, with a one hour break for lunch from 1 to 2 pm (local Guatemala
time - CST).

This will be a hybrid workshop, with careful consideration of how to make
it engaging for both in person and virtual participants. The workshop will
be conducted in English, although breakout groups may be organized in such
a way to facilitate discussion in another language.

In-person attendance has a â?¬10 fee to cover logistical costs and
refreshments; please register for Workshop Post-3 here: (English)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/cov12-optional-activities/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Yr0PHfeU2NNNuKGsWUeKN-pxowO9sxvuroa-gdQcfDjsY9ayJ3LUYMyohOUzKA7gEYB56c60qv19UiWB$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/cov12-optional-activities/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!diEJDmFvN8ypUVlaworTfHKWae6QyixZIjl0A9_bfux06FtbSiXEooPmVUg6tU6_r6tu4iRd7xsUgi5agZSRGQ$>
or
(Spanish) https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/actividades-opcionales-cov12/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Yr0PHfeU2NNNuKGsWUeKN-pxowO9sxvuroa-gdQcfDjsY9ayJ3LUYMyohOUzKA7gEYB56c60qoD7WBaW$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/actividades-opcionales-cov12/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!diEJDmFvN8ypUVlaworTfHKWae6QyixZIjl0A9_bfux06FtbSiXEooPmVUg6tU6_r6tu4iRd7xsUgi5EO9waSg$>.
There is no cost for virtual attendees; please register here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/P9Wdh6b5TQNPMSNSA__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Yr0PHfeU2NNNuKGsWUeKN-pxowO9sxvuroa-gdQcfDjsY9ayJ3LUYMyohOUzKA7gEYB56c60qiV71ZVi$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/P9Wdh6b5TQNPMSNSA__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!diEJDmFvN8ypUVlaworTfHKWae6QyixZIjl0A9_bfux06FtbSiXEooPmVUg6tU6_r6tu4iRd7xsUgi775deviw$>

Workshop description:

Volcanic airborne emissions (tephra, gas, acid rain, vog) can cause
widespread, stress-inducing, challenging, and prolonged impacts to the
built, agricultural, and natural environment. Building on the companion
conference session â??Volcanic emission impacts to societies, environments,
and economies: From forecasting to informing resilience-building actionsâ??,
this workshop is an opportunity to identify how we can better collaborate
within the research sphere and across the emergency management and public
sectors in various geographic, volcanic, and resource availability contexts
to translate volcanic airborne emission impacts knowledge into tools that
can be used to inform resilience-building actions at a community scale.

We invite civil servants, emergency managers, decision-makers, community
members, and researchers to join our interactive 1-day workshop where we
will review advances and ideas for future initiatives presented in the
companion conference session, consider the many ways in which information
is disseminated and used, identify information and knowledge gaps both
globally and in specific contexts, and make connections to advance
collaborative opportunities. The overall aim is to translate the companion
conference session to action to increase societal resilience to volcanic
emission impacts.

Participants are encouraged to attend the pre-conference IVHHN workshop for
a specific focus on volcanic airborne emissions and health. Organizers of
this and the IVHHN workshop are coordinating to maximize the experience of
participants who chose to attend both workshops.

Workshop organizers: Natalia Deligne, Charles Balagizi, Heather Craig,
Pablo Agustín Salgado, Carol Stewart, and Alana Weir

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4