EGU24 GMPV2.4--Temporal framework of geological processes: methods and application of geochronology

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Tavazzani  Lorenzo <lorenzo.tavazzani@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our session that will held at the
EGU2024 conference:

GMPV2.4 *Temporal framework of geological processes: methods and
applications of geochronology*

Convener: Aratz Beranoaguirre | Co-conveners: Dawid Szymanowski, Caroline
Lotout, Lorenzo Tavazzani

In the last decade, important advances in the instrumentation used for
geochronological research have occurred, either by the improvement of
well-established dating techniques or by the development of new equipment.
Currently, we are able to analyse/date more precisely and accurately than
ever before, as well as to work with isotopic systems that were
unimaginable until now. Consequently, geochronological studies are blooming
in a variety of fields and in many cases could revolutionise our
understanding of rates of fundamental natural processes.
With this session, we aim to provide a platform to discuss 1) advances in a
broad spectrum of geochronological methods (sample preparation, analytical
techniques, interpretational and modelling approaches) and 2) applications
of such methods to a variety of problems across the Earth sciences, across
the geological time and across scales of the process studied. We
particularly encourage presentations of novel and unconventional
applications or attempts to develop new geochronometers.

Our guests wil be Chris Mark (Swedish Museum of Natural History) and
Patrick Carr (Université de Lorraine - CNRS - CREGU)

You can submit yourabstract here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU24/session/50165__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!adUuRJUXlZN1cOEee5er87hvGyUxN_hd58sp2KhLTdd5ZRqNN7nApyLjSDgZx4dh6fwY-A6nHB0CyhWk$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU24/session/50165__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cMw5b1_5MFu4cXgyCfd2ir0RpOdwLgDuVsQjtKXnPnf34h_FOdI_1v897dFohpyCgEbNK8eo-n1SlCHKg1RQNIJm80nFlrlg$>

*The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 10 January 2024, 13:00 CET*

Hope to see you in Vienna!

Best regards,
Aratz, Dawid, Caroline and Lorenzo

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5