AGU 2023 Session: NH004 - Advancing Subduction Zone Science: Collaborating Across Borders and Cultures

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Michael Murphy <murphmic000@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

SZ4Grads is hosting the following session at the AGU 2023 Annual Meeting.
Please share with anyone who might be interested!

NH004 - Advancing Subduction Zone Science: Collaborating Across Borders and
Cultures

Subduction zones encompass some of the most dynamic and complex geological
processes happening on our planet, ranging from earthquake and tsunami
hazards, formation of mountain ranges, and the evolution of continents. To
answer the many outstanding questions surrounding subduction zones and
their hazards, it is essential that we engage with a diverse collective of
global researchers and communities. In this session hosted by SZ4Grads, we
will highlight a broad range of international voices from diverse
backgrounds to discuss the latest advances in subduction zone science. We
aspire to enhance cross-cultural collaboration through efforts ranging from
sharing best practices in data sharing, analyzing heterogeneous data
coverage, integrative modeling, and international field studies, as well as
addressing issues of equity and inclusion. We seek to foster a more dynamic
and impactful subduction zone science community to tackle the most pressing
challenges confronting our planet today.

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3