IUGG23 Session V11 - Planetary Volcanism - extended deadline Feb 21

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Sam Poppe <sam35poppe@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

The upcoming
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cPFiKeNkNa4rIb_mwEr15HPTqWv2GBT34D1APJuYmX_OXLrzSOIpswxFYG6QA2x-lDYysowuV6jC0YWz5w$>IUGG
2023 conference (Berlin, 11-20 July, 2023) will feature a session on
planetary volcanism where we hope to bring together members from different
associations to discuss aspects of geology, physical volcanology,
seismology, glaciology that help us better understand magmatic and volcanic
processes on planetary bodies in our Solar System:

"V11 Planetary Volcanism: Remote Sensing, Rovers, Landers, Earth Analogues
and Modelling" (description below)

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/iavcei/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dzxia11e5-OWP5pgaOtqYF-RCwbjso2UDJWf098h98xGvaAk99gt28h4t6c46EtVE_dhEzE-5kdgG4HR$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/iavcei/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cPFiKeNkNa4rIb_mwEr15HPTqWv2GBT34D1APJuYmX_OXLrzSOIpswxFYG6QA2x-lDYysowuV6iv1hh_iw$>

Please submit your abstract before next week's extended deadline: *21
February 2023*

Any related contributions are welcome, see you in Berlin in July!

 *Sam Poppe (Poland)**, Samuel Rivas-Dorado (Spain), Paul Byrne (USA),
Valentina Galluzzi (Italy), Ernst Hauber (Germany)*

*Description*
Observations of the distribution, form, and composition of volcanic
features on other terrestrial planetary bodies, where subduction, erosion,
and vegetation does not obscure surface features, helps revolutionize our
understanding of volcanism on Earth. With recently available data for
Mercury from MESSENGER and the arrival this decade of BepiColombo, the
selection last year of new radar missions to Venus, and the myriad of data
from the current fleet of spacecraft at the Moon and Mars, we have never
been better positioned to understand how volcanism is expressed throughout
the Solar System, including on our own world. In this session we invite all
contributions relating to planetary volcanism, encompassing remote sensing,
geomorphology, sample-based, experimental and numerical modelling, and
Earth-analogue studies that utilize planetary data to provide a deeper
understanding of this fundamental planetary process.

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2