IUGG 2023-New Abstract Deadline-Session V05: Interactions Between Volcanic Eruptions and Climate

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Thomas Aubry <thom.aubry@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

There is now one extra week to submit your abstract to the IUGG 2023
general assembly
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iugg2023berlin.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aF42N5UOfqEgEEJDrfhOtz2Uc3WKweRk4IH7l72u92Sox4M0uq4YDHAt0FfiHx2_PNFCZC4BWahsHSwl2g$>!
The new submission deadline is February 21. We would like to invite you to
submit your work on climate volcano-interactions to our session, for which
we are excited to have three outstanding invited early-career speakers:

*Session:* V05: Interactions Between Volcanic Eruptions and Climate

*Invited speakers:* Corinna Kloss (CNRS, France), Moritz Günther (Max
Planck Institut for Meteorology, Germany), Jamie Farquharson (Université de
Strasbourg, France)

*Conveners:* Thomas Aubry, Anja Schmidt

*Outline:* This session welcomes papers on the broad range of effects of
volcanic activity on weather, climate, and the environment. This includes,
but is not limited to, i) studies improving our understanding of past
climate-volcano interactions, such as the role of volcanic eruptions in the
onset of the Little Ice Age; ii) plans and methods for incorporating
observations and models to produce weather and climate forecasts following
future eruptions, and iii) contributions showing evidence or building
hypotheses on how climate change may affect volcanic eruptions and their
climatic effects. We also welcome contributions focusing on the
understanding of specific processes (e.g., remote sensing of eruptions, or
the chemical and microphysical processes that govern the evolution of
volcanic aerosols) and on the societal relevance of climate-volcano
interactions.

You can follow this link
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.czech-in.org/cmPortalV15/Portal/iugg23/normal__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aF42N5UOfqEgEEJDrfhOtz2Uc3WKweRk4IH7l72u92Sox4M0uq4YDHAt0FfiHx2_PNFCZC4BWahbXkLb6A$>
submit your abstract. Thank you in advance for your contributions and we
hope to see you soon in Berlin in July.

Thomas & Anja

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3