Field trip to Katmai - June 4-17, 2023

Geophysical Institute, UAF would like to invite you to our annual field trip
to the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, Katmai National Park during June 4-17,
2023. The trip provides a unique opportunity to visit the Valley of Ten
Thousands Smokes, the site of the largest eruption in 20th century.
Participants will examine ignimbrites and tephra fall deposits of the 1912
Novarupta - Katmai eruption. We will trek along the Valley visiting
Novarupta Dome, Mageik Lakes, as well as Trident Volcano. If weather
permits, we will climb to the rim of the Katmai Caldera. This is a strenuous
backpacking trip, which is best suited for graduate and undergraduate
students interested in volcanology, geohazards mitigation, and igneous
petrology. Registered students will receive 3 hours of undergraduate or
graduate credit through UAF.

The number of participants is limited to nine. Applications are accepted on
the continuous basis until all vacancies are filled. Detailed information
and application forms are available at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://uaf.edu/geosciences/academics/international-volcanology/index.php__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YZPhll-JXP0QRYof4goRtC0TSbl2XxLTLuqIpNPEctGdA0Bx0RTuQWJUpgNVwCWOkH6PTXq1xj5gqVqrvk6G$ .
Additional information can be found at our Facebook page
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/volcanoschool/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YZPhll-JXP0QRYof4goRtC0TSbl2XxLTLuqIpNPEctGdA0Bx0RTuQWJUpgNVwCWOkH6PTXq1xj5gqcbx5t7j$

Thank you!

Pavel Izbekov
Geophysical Institute
2156 Koyukuk Drive
Fairbanks, Alaska 99775

Phone: +1-907-474-5269

End of Volcano Digest - 16 Jan 2023 to 18 Jan 2023 (#2023-9)