GeoTenerife La Palma #VolcanoStories - Out now!

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

From: Ben Geotenerife <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Volcanogical community,

For the last year *GeoTenerife
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4ztC8pzT5Q$>
*have
been working on a large curation project called #VolcanoStories
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zs9BmZAfQ$>,
which was presented for the first time last week at VMSG 2023. The project
began during GeoTenerife's reporting during the 2021 Volcán de Tajogaite
eruption on La Palma, Canary Islands, where we collected a wealth of
testimony and other data around the eruption. We are pleased to say that
the entirety of the project* is available now free and open access
on GeoTenerife's website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zs9BmZAfQ$>.
*Some
of the most valuable data from the *#VolcanoStories* project has been
distilled down into our documentary about the response to the eruption and
lessons learnt, *Lava Bombs: Truths Behind the Volcano*, which is available
to watch *here*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lavabombsfilm.com/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zvn7o6QRw$>
.

*We are seeking* *ongoing local and international collaborations* *with
researchers and institutions *to further analyse our physical and social
datasets, to further the lessons learnt from this destructive eruption - if
you are interested or know someone who may be, please get in touch with us
at *enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* <enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

*#VolcanoStories* is a curation of a wealth of datastreams, including but
not limited to:

   - *A* *new activity-response timeline*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/tajogaite-timeline/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zsM9SyqHw$>
mapping
   out the responses to changes in eruptive activity by the authorities
   managing the emergency
   - *Mini-docs *giving a scientific summary of the eruption, available in
   both *English*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://youtu.be/JObXLj0X3z0__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zvSFimbFQ$>
    and *Spanish*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://youtu.be/wb5quHjPwak__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zuyk6YAWw$>
   - *Day-by-day
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/day-by-day/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zsPcdX6-w$>*
summaries
   of the eruption, including a summary of activity, earthquake and lava flow
   maps, social media posts from authorities, news articles, eruption footage
   and more for each day
   - *Witness testimony*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8BWe5DC8aSN6lBOj2yKyehPr2l9cOLZ-__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zs53vVR-A$>
    from *over 100* wide-ranging interviews with local residents,
   politicians, scientists, media personnel, and emergency managers
   - *5 3D drone models
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.geotenerife.com/VolcanoStories/3d-drone-model__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zvP20XI2Q$>*
from
   two different UAV campaigns of the >1200ha of the lava flow field, lava
   deltas and volcanic cones associated with the eruption, created in
   collaboration with *Drones4Geology*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drones4geology.com/en/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zuvHIk-sg$>
and hosted
   on *V3Geo*
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://v3geo.com/model/442/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4ztnGM1Yng$>,
   with the raw data available on request
   - An open data collection
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/open-data/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zslDX1XHg$>,
   including *multiple GIS Layers, *a collection of *all tweets* by
   official authorities during the eruption, archives of *daily
reports* published
   by *PEVOLCA and IGN, *and more
   - *A glossary
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/glossary-geotenerife.pdf__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zsvpsO5ng$>
*of
   volcanic terms and specifically Canarian terms for volcanic phenomena that
   are found in the literature
   - *A Useful links
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d0GJ2X-ao1j7_tZyqnY4J9Y5c0WithGlsqsb1J1KpjY/edit*gid=0__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4ztrKqUVCg$>*
spreadsheet
   for the eruption, containing over 100 useful resources and websites
   relating to the eruption and its response
   - *>1000 News Articles
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hmHCAX9AqmUnMBu_Qp3wCDd1njnG6ubBx_rF-HIftbI/edit*gid=0__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zvWK8_F5Q$>
*relating
   to the eruption, its response, and the reconstruction, from a wide range of
   local, regional, national and international outlets
   - *A 'contribute' form
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/contribute/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zsX6BnVpQ$>*
in
   both English and Spanish, where anyone can share their own stories,
   experiences and images relating to the eruption
   - *Fundraising
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/samulapalma-campaign/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zspDXLA8g$>*
information
   for La Palma, including details of our *#SamuLaPalma
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/samulapalma-campaign/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zspDXLA8g$>*
fundraising
   campaign and our *FFP2 campaign
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/ffp2-campaign/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4zucjOChnQ$>*
   - *Behind the scenes
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geotenerife.com/volcanostories/documentary/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cg9nK5m6nZj3UiWpUNGk1-WD7PJeLcz9cOPtr4hBYBYVjSjnLC-R6GbeWiRhs8W9exEDl5ju4ztPsF2JUg$>*
of
   our documentary about the eruption's response, detailing our experiences
   and how it came to be

*#VolcanoStories* is an ongoing project and the pages here are being
continuously updated with new testimony, open data, and educational
resources, with the current focus switching towards the ongoing
reconstruction of the island as well as volcanic preparedness on Tenerife
and other Canary Islands.

If you have any comments or questions or would like to contribute or
collaborate with us in any way, we'd love to hear from you! Please contact
us at enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Many thanks for reading,

The GeoTenerife team

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bkZ_XwWsC0TCEIjJYmMlgEP2aaTHZM5Ka-cXb6pxNUZHLihO0GeAfes-H7rPbLkV7K1lu_LyLLsit6SC$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bkZ_XwWsC0TCEIjJYmMlgEP2aaTHZM5Ka-cXb6pxNUZHLihO0GeAfes-H7rPbLkV7K1lu_LyLAK5dkMy$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bkZ_XwWsC0TCEIjJYmMlgEP2aaTHZM5Ka-cXb6pxNUZHLihO0GeAfes-H7rPbLkV7K1lu_LyLOsSW51Y$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 11 Jan 2023 to 14 Jan 2023 (#2023-7)